6.2.33 SET Statement
The SET statement is used to perform one of the following operations:
Index-names are related to a given table through the INDEXED BY phrase of
the OCCURS clause; they are not further defined in the program.
- Placing values associated with table elements into indexes associated
- Incrementing or decrementing an occurrence number
- Setting the status of an external switch to ON or OFF
- Moving data to condition names to make conditions true
- X Setting USAGE IS POINTER data items to a data address
- X Setting USAGE IS PROCEDURE-POINTER data items to an entry address
- X Setting USAGE OBJECT REFERENCE data items to refer to an object
When the sending and receiving fields in a SET statement share part of
their storage (that is, the operands overlap), the result of the execution
of such a SET statement is undefined.
© Copyright IBM Corp. 1991, 1998
IBM Library Server Copyright 1989, 2005 IBM Corporation. All rights reserved.
Return to library:
IBM Hardware |
IBM System z Redbooks
How to order publications
Download IBM Library Reader |
Download IBM Softcopy Reader |
Download Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®
Download IBM Softcopy Librarian
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, the Acrobat logo, and Acrobat Reader are registered trademarks
of Adobe Systems incorporated.